Darcy wasn't into fitness before; it was only after he participated in a race back in school and didn't win. It was then that he made a pact to him to get better and started running every day. His fitness improved and he completed a half marathon in 1 hour and 31 mins at 16 years old. But yet came 3rd and was not settling for it, so he trained harder day and night, aiming to run 100kms cumulatively each week. With running he'd always been skinny and yearned to put on size and strength. But it wasn't until a hard break-up that he was determined to get better and picked up a set of weights.
He trained hard and made progress while learning better nutrition and workout plans. Although for years he was too scared to join a gym, instead he invested thousands of dollars in his garage gym.By the end of 2013 he was managing his first 24 hour gym and completed personal training course. After he was certified, he trained an ever growing number of PT clients outside of management hours and spent close to 60 hours a week.
He has worked in the fitness industry for over 7 years now, managed gyms, worked as a personal trainer and run his own large scale bootcamp facility.
Darcy's teaching Approach
Darcy knows that many people feel intimidated or unsure at gym, so decided to train people from the comfort of their homes with minimal machines in the process. He asks his clients their hobbies and favourite things to do and accordingly designs a set as per their needs and requirements to achieve their respective goals. He assures that you'll feel great as you complete fun effective workouts form your home or office.
- Studied Personal Training Cert's 3 & 4 & extra certificate in strength training and nutrition at Australia Institute of Personal Training
- 2013 -2014 Managed and trained clients at Anytime Fitness Keperra
- 2015 Worked at Goodlife Health Clubs Holland Park
- 2015 - 2016 Full time personal trainer & bootcamp instructor at Anytime Fitness Bardon
- 2017 Took over management at Jetts Morningside
- 2018 Worked across several Anytime Facilities for Jordan's holdings -company in Brisbane, including Cleveland, Capalaba, Logan, Goodna, Bulimba, Red Bank Plains and Wynnum
- 2019 - 2020 Ran my own Bootcamp facility, Life Fit Bootcamp at West End 2020 Group fitness instructor at F45 Northcote Melbourne
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/Pc650kE-ATk